Freelance (2016 - Present)
- Headed team of designers to create over 25 graphics and 40 pages of data tables for the UN Foundation-hosted FP2020's annual family planning report for 2016. Worked with communications and research staff to ensure data accuracy and effective visual design.
- Directed the production of USAID funded video for international youth advocates educating policymakers about the economic benefits of a demographic dividend.
- Directed the production of Gates funded video on improving access to family planning for young people in Tanzania.
Population Reference Bureau (2014 - 2016)
- Managed the creation of digital content for research and global development non-profit.
- Contributed to all stages of production, including idea conception, story development, creative direction, editing, and publishing online.
- Supervised PRB’s digital designer and freelancers while monitoring budgets and timelines.
- Worked with policy analysts and researchers to incorporate data accurately and effectively for clients and audiences, including USAID, NGOs, and policymakers across the world.
The Marketing Store (2013 - 2014)
Programming and Production Manager/Digital Producer
- Led programming for the McDonald's Channel, a custom broadcast that reached 14 million viewers a month, by selecting and securing content, creating schedules, and running daily operations.
- Directed production of the McD App and McDonald's Surprise Alarm App promotional videos. Successfully led a team that included an animator, editor, actors, voiceover talent, and digital producers.
- Served as Digital Producer for the McDonald's World Cup U.S. sweepstakes website and other client projects. Was responsible for editing copy decks, testing functionality, developing UX wireframes, and reviewing creative materials.
Tellit Multimedia LLC (2004 - 2013)
Founder, Video Producer and Photographer
- Ran my own multimedia production company with a focus on creating content for non-profits.
- Collaborated with communications/PR departments to identify marketing messages and produce compelling storylines and effective messaging strategies using video, audio, and photography.
- Led all aspects of media creation, including conceptualizing ideas, planning shoots, conducting interviews, editing footage, and preparing assets for distribution online.
- Directed documentary Remember Me Sue, which aired during primetime on PBS Chicago.
NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY, Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications
M.S. Journalism, with concentration in Interactive Storytelling
- Studied writing, editing, web design, data journalism, social media best practices, and online publishing.
- Trained one-on-one with former Time Magazine photographer, Steve Liss.
- Took coursework in Web Production, Advanced Video Storytelling, and Business and Economics Reporting.
- Reported in the Medill newsroom covering the banking beat.
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
- Took coursework in documentary filmmaking; student film won 2006 IFP Market/Current TV national contest, screened at IFP Market film festival in New York and on Current TV's national cable channel.